By now you are probably familiar with how car sharing companies work. The cars are parked in the street and members can walk up to the car, tap their membership card on the dash-mounted reader, and hey presto, the car doors unlock.
Now you can run your corporate vehicle fleet in the same way.
After a whirlwind three months of development, including field trials in Chicago, we are excited to announce our very own telematics platform, designed and built by the PoolCar team here in Australia.
The as yet unnamed black-box is wired into the car and combines the following functions:
- Open-source Linux computer
- RFID card reader
- 3G/4G modem
- OBD-II interface for real-time engine diagnostics
- GPS location tracking
- Door lock and unlock
- Door open sensor
- Ignition on/off sensor
- Engine immobilization
- Flashers/Indicators/Horn for drawing attention
- Panic/SOS button
- Optional, accelerometer/motion/gyroscope for monitoring driver behavior sensor
- Optional, sensors for smoking in cars
And it works natively with the PoolCar software, so now you can have one system to manage your bookings, drivers, fleet vehicles, telematics, billing, key cabinets and now keyless vehicle entry.
This opens up enormous possibilities for your fleet:
- Rent your corporate fleet out on weekends to the local community
- For University customers, open up reservations to students
- Change where the cars are parked, scattered for extra convenience, close to where staff are located
- One telematics platform that will never become obsolete, as the platform is built on top of an open-source computer and is remotely updateable. Custom code anyone?
Of course if you still need the reassurance of cold, hard keys then you can use our electronic key cabinets for some cars and keyless entry for the general pool cars.
All-inclusive pricing is also available, which includes SIM cards, installation and hardware costs all rolled up into one simple monthly fee.
To register your interest in a trial, please contact sales.