The PoolCar platform has extensive integration capabilities. There are two integration models:
- External systems push data into PoolCar, using the API endpoints listed below, or
- A standalone module is coded to pull data from a 3rd party system and then push into PoolCar.
Both models are explained below.
PoolCar has a comprehensive set of web service endpoints for developers to push data into PoolCar. Our APIs use either GET or POST verbs and support XML or JSON (preferred) data sets.
Documentation can be provided to developers on request, along with API authentication details.
- Road User Charges
- Cost Centres
- Pools (Pool Management)
- Pool Assets
- Pool Admins
The Data Pull model uses the Extract-Transform-Load approach. Under this model, the third party vendor will provide PoolCar with API details and documentation. PoolCar will then design and develop a standalone module that connects to this API and downloads the required data sets.
Once downloaded the data might be transformed or converted if required, then pushed into the PoolCar system.
Examples of this approach include:
- GPS Telematics - if a customer already has a GPS telematics system, PoolCar can integrate to obtain current position and odometer data for each trip. To date PoolCar has successfully integrated with the following telematics systems:
- Finance / General Ledger - if a customer has thousands of cost center codes integrating to the General Ledger or Finance system ensures all data is current. To date PoolCar has integrated with these finance systems:
- Oracle Financials using Oracle web services
- SAP using overnight secure FTP and text delimited files
- BST cost accounting software
If you would like to discuss integration with your systems or providers, please use the contact us page.